Check out Audrey's blog to hear about these experiences through her eyes!

www.audreysafricanjourney.blogspot.com

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The long awaited photo's...

So guys, I know Audrey has been amazing and doing this all along... and I haven't done all so well, but here are a few photo's from over the last month!
This is something you don't see everyday in Canada! There were also many people crammed into this bush taxi!

David is very good at trying to keep the house as 'ant-free' as possible. Audrey and I are learning the tricks of the trade. Step #1 - buy a really large bottle of insect spray. Step#2 Wipe the counters really well, rinse the dishes before stacking them, and leave no crumbs of food on the table, floors, or sinks.

We went to the typesetting office at CABTAL (Cameroon association of Bible Translation and Literacy) and learned all about the detailed process that goes into typesetting! What a great job these guys do!

About half of the kids in the middle school retreat on the way back from the pool and last session with Christy! The girls in my small group are - the one on the very left who you can only see half a face for, the girl with sunglasses and the blond girl beside her, and the girl with the arm sling (She broke her collor bone, but learned much from God through that!). I had a great small group - and we learned a lot and got to know each other! Thank you for your prayers!
(These vans are great! This one has seats for 15 I think - very handy for carpooling and transporting around Yaounde!)

A part of the city of Bamenda


Me in my Cameroonian dress! Photo complete with Palm tree! It is kind of crazy how I've gotten completely used to seeing plantain., palm, coconut, and papaya trees everywhere!

I had a really crazy day today - I got to learn a lot more about Cameroon! I am becoming more and more attached to this country and the people here! They continue to be very welcoming.

Thank you for your prayers through day to day life. What an encouragement they are!
Because our God is greater than we know...
-Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment