Check out Audrey's blog to hear about these experiences through her eyes!

www.audreysafricanjourney.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Home!

Hello, My friends,

Thank you for your prayers and support as I've arrived back in Canada and transitioned back into residence and academic life.

God blessed me with fairly uneventful flights and trips through customs; jet lag is over, culture stress hasn't really hit me too much either. I ended up conversing with the man beside me on the plane for most of the flight over the Atlantic ocean - I'm pretty certain God arranged that.

Last night I had my debriefing with Jessica, the Wycliffe Recruiter who helped arrange my internship. What a blessing! It was great talking through experiences that happened in Cameroon, as well as reflect on how that could influence my current academic path and ultimately how I live.

Today I had the opportunity to share briefly in Chapel about the unity of the churches within COCELMPU and how incredible it really is to see them focusing on their similarities instead of their differences to translate the Bible as well as work together in Yokadouma. It continues to be a story that leaves me with hope for the unity that the Church in Canada can one day experience.

Keep David and Audrey in your prayers as they travel back to Yokadouma tomorrow, as well as Henny and her work while she is presenting a workshop at the unbound conference in Calgary.

Also, keep me in your prayers as I'm busy with school and program changes and donning and getting back into the swing of things and continuing to process my experiences in Cameroon!

(Also pray for the team that Jessica is preparing to lead in a missions trip to Cameroon. There are about a dozen students going and 2 are still waiting for passports!)

He is faithful!

-Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment