Check out Audrey's blog to hear about these experiences through her eyes!

www.audreysafricanjourney.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Packed and ready to go...

My Friends

My bags are packed and ready; my plane leaves in six hours and I arrive home (if all goes as planned) within the next 27 hours.( I also get to share a flight with a Cameroonian family from our church who are moving to Montreal to join their father. Keep them in your prayers as well as they make this big move.)

What an exciting, but strange feeling – I am so looking forward to arriving back home, but I can’t help being sad to leave this place. Cameroon and its people – “Ahhh, you are welcome here” was said so many times, accompanied by a huge smile. I’ll miss my Cameroonian friends and the things they’ve taught me. But I know that as I leave I will continue to learn things from this experience and these relationships as I start processing these events. I want to keep you up to date on what I learn while I’m home too – To keep updating this every now and again as I discover how I will let this experience shape who I am and how I live.

Thank you for coming with me on this journey (even though its not over yet!). For walking with me, and praying with me for the Cameroonian people here, and for your prayers for me. I’ve had such a positive experience, though it wasn’t always easy. I learned many things and grew a lot. God brought me into contact with people doing almost every different service I’ve questioned as a possible future for myself. He kept me healthy for the whole 3 ½ months (well, other than the first week and a half where I reacted to the malaria medication) and worked through my French learning experience. My school requirements have been fulfilled, any personal goals I had set were met (except watching ‘how to train your dragon’ for a second time) and God has refreshed me and prepared me for what life holds once I get home.
Thank you.

But prayers are always needed

Keep the Executive Committee of SIL Cameroun in your prayers as they meet on Wednesday and Thursday.
Keep Henny in your prayers as she thinks she is getting sick and is flying to Canada Thursday night for meetings and to lead a workshop for the Unbound conference.

For David and Audrey as they drive back to Yokadouma, for Audrey to settle in to living with the Catholic sisters, for her work on her Ethnography report, and for David’s linguistic work he needs to get done.

Also, Keep me in your prayers as I adjust back to life in Canada, as I continue processing all that has happened and all that I have learned. Classes start on the 2nd of May, and donning (residence assistant) at school starts up right away. I’m excited for my semester, but will need God’s strength and encouragement as things will be busy.

Because God is good, and He is faithful
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment