Check out Audrey's blog to hear about these experiences through her eyes!

www.audreysafricanjourney.blogspot.com

Friday, March 25, 2011

Sometimes God's Plan is Different...

My friends,
Out God is a good God who works in ways we don't really predict or always understand. I never predicted God's answer to my plea to learn French would come like this. Praise the Lord with me, lift His name, and thank him for His good plan. Even though it tends to look a bit different than ours.  
Yesterday, I was asking the treasurer questions about the program he is using, the learning process and what he likes or dislikes, for information for my report. It was a program that I learned when I arrived in Yokadouma and taught to him over the course of a few weeks, with a couple things left to learn. Even though he had no previous computer experience he learned quickly, with much enthusiasm and ability. Answering about the learning process, he said that it was such a blessing that I came from far away to help them learn, because I had such a gift for teaching, using simple words and going slowly enough for him to understand well. How our God works in funny ways! I can't take credit for any of those compliments - I teach with all the French I know, poor grammar and simple words included. I teach slowly because I can't handle too much French in a day, and I was learning the program as well. While I thought that my French was a terrible detriment, it turns out God has used it for His purpose, and His glory. Only by prayer, and His power does that happen. Praise the Lord :)  
Be encouraged with me. And don't stop praying!  
*Henny is teaching a financial management course in one of the churches this Saturday (March 26) Pray that those who attend will learn and understand, that they will put these practices into their lives, and that it will spread through the churches. Pray that God's will be done, and His plans realized in the lives of the Mpumpong people.  
Our God is good. 
-Andrea 

No comments:

Post a Comment